if you are my friend on facebook, you may have had the time and interest to read this already, or not - which i completely understand. this is a "note" which is circulating on facebook, and i enjoyed the challenge of coming up with 25 items to post.
1. I have put off making this list for a very long time.
2. I LOVE living in Nauvoo.
3. My favorite thing in the world is being married to Brock, second favorite is being a mommy to my kids.
4. I have lived in Japan 3 different times, for a total of almost 12 years, but am still not fluent in Japanese. My two oldest caucasian daughters can speak, read & write Japanese almost natively. My Japanese children can't.
5. I LOVE babies, and want to have more....will I ever stop feeling that way? 14 years of infertility can do that to a person. But I have always loved babies. My favorite job ever was working as a nurses' aid in a newborn nursery.
6. I am emotional and very passionate...about almost everything.
7. I don't get very excited about food....so you would think that I would be thinner.
8. I have been to nine countries, one territory and one protectorate, but never to Hawaii, and I have been to thirty-nine states, but never to Florida, Alaska, (or Hawaii)
9. Two of my brothers married girls named Nancy.
10. I have an addiction to chocolate, and it's not a good thing (explains number 7)
11. I love yoga
12. I love to read, but am a very picky reader...it needs to be intelligently written, great plot, believable characters, uplifting, and clean.
13. I love history, antiques, and quilting...so antique quilts are a passion.
14. I have a degree from BYU in a department that no longer exists: clothing & textiles.
15. I don't really like ice cream. really.
16. I can be very competitive, but I don't enjoy participating in or watching competitive sports.
17. I have felt a connection/fascination with Japan since I was about 5 years old, and always wanted a Japanese baby. Now I have two.
18. I have over 40 cousins on each side of my family...for a total of over 80. Second cousins are innumerable, but I am in touch with many.
19. Both of my grandmothers are on facebook.
20. I am very driven...to the point of being unhealthy (explains the need for number 11). I am learning not to be.
21. 4 of my 5 children are extremely intense.....must get it from Brock ;)
I am an oldest child, so is Brock. Alexa is obviously oldest, and after an 8 year space, Mia basically is too. Noah is an oldest boy. So, 5 people in our family have oldest personalities....yikes! It explains a lot. Gracie is just intense because she wants to be. Tashi has a big job balancing the rest of us out.
22. I prefer humid over dry climates and love a change in seasons. But I did love living in Phoenix. I have loved everywhere we have lived.
23. I am a runner, but no good at sports - I am completely pathetic at volleyball.
24. I play the piano, but can't sing.
25. My newest passion is studying and re-creating 1840s clothing.